Thursday, May 17, 2007

What Happened To Yesterday?!!!!

It's the last marking period and I had a book report due for language arts class. I decided to do a collage for my report and I was going to use the last book I finished: "Life On Planet Rock". I get home from school at 4:30 and I got started on my collage around 5:00.....I took no breaks and didn't finish until 10:00.....I was drained that night to say the least. But it just seems like time flew by. I had to scan four pages of my sheet music and print that out, then cut out each individual line of notes, then paste them all over the blank posterboard to make a "musical" background. I then took one of my mom's stove top covers (they're circle shaped) and with what remaining posterboard I had cut off I traced half a circle and cut it out (because there wasn't enough paper for a whole circle). I had to use another part of the paper and finish tracing the circle to get the rest of it out and then I taped the two halves together. To make this long story short, I used some images of the musicians discussed in the book and I made a collage of them and taped them on the circle and cut off the loose edges so it would remain circle shaped like a planet. I used crazy scissors when I cut out each image so it would look nicer. I then glued the "planet" in the middle of the posterboard. I scanned three photos from the book and pasted them outside "planet rock", kinda orbiting it. Then I took my scrap printer paper and drew each letter for the title individually. I capitalized each letter in "ROCK" and made them huge. I colored my letters with a black sharpie marker and cut them out with crazy scissors, then I pasted "Life On Planet" around the top of the planet and curving in a downward direction lining the planet. Then I took "ROCK" and pasted it on the bottom curving around the planet, curving in an upward direction. Then the last part was drawing the letters: "By: Lonn Friend". I colored those with a red sharpie marker (the letters were significantly smaller than the title). To finish it off I pasted that on diagonally in the bottom right corner. And the best part was that I remembered to put my name on the back. :D

~Peace

Song Of The Day: "Heart's Done Time" - Aerosmith

No comments: