Thursday, May 10, 2007

All Roads Lead Somewhere....

I realize that I haven't been posting lately, but trust me on this, you didn't miss much. I took a break from piano lessons a little while bakc after I had a breakdown in the middle of the night where I cried to myself and vented out all my worries about my art, music, singing, body, etc. I am blessed with so many things to be thankful for, but I always let meaningless things build up until it can't fit anymore. I'm over it now. I took a break from piano because I was losing faith in my ability to be able to get better at it.....but that was when I remember what my band instructor had told me: "If you can talk yourself out of it, you can talk yourself into it." I'll never forget that. I'm way better now and I told my piano teacher I was ready to come back, adn next Friday will be my first lesson since I took almost a month off, and just this morning, I went into the high school office and decided to change my elective to what I really wanted to do to begin with. I figured: "screw art class, the teacher don't seem to fond of me anyway, and my heart is burning to do choir, so I'll switch." I was able to do it and I felt so much better. Another thing I'm finally starting to get over is calling myslef fat when I am actually really skinny, I just had this huge phobia of getting fat, so if I told myself I was getting fat, then I would do somethign to stop it from happening. I figure I'll just do a bunch of stretches and exercises then walk once a week. I have gotten that into a routine and I'm trying to get used to it so tehn I can stay healthy, like I am now. I realize this is getting long, but there was a lot of things that did actually happen while I was gone (I guess mmore than I thought). My english teacher also gave me tickets to see the Glenn Miller band with the Grand Rapids Symphony this Sunday because she couldn't go and she knew I loved music. This will be my first concert I go to that I'll be old enough to remember actually being there. Speaking of concerts, yesterday was my spring concert with the HS band. I think we did really well. As for drawing I still do it and I've improved much with it, but I don't see a future in it. I don't drwaw as mush as I used to. Which also reminds me of my pathetic Algebra II grade. I passed the first semester, giving me half a credit, but I am failing this one miserably. I'll probably have to do a credit recovery for the other half this summer so I don't end up taking two and a half years of math. I am also planning to buy The Sims2 finally. The part that sucks is that I'll have to play it on my mom's computer, because my laptop won't be able to run it. Oh, well. I'm also a little pissed when I checked the Aerosmith news on the site (which I hadn't done in a little while) and found out that Joe was on American Idol around April 25th! I never watch the show and I want to download the vidoe file so badly now! Damn my slow timing! I'm looking forawrd to the good times and the heartbreak, the sorrows and the joy. Until next time!

~Peace!

Song Of The Day: "Break On Through (To The Other Side)" - The Doors

What I'm Readin': The Beatles: Unseen Archives - by Tim Hill and Marie Clyton

No comments: